Funds raised will go towards Hua Mei Centre for Successful Ageing in Tiong Bahru
1. Singapore, 31 October 2022 – IMC Pan Asia Alliance (IMC) and Tsao Foundation teed off at Sentosa Golf Club’s Serapong course on 28 September 2022, raising more than half a million dollars (S$520, 000) at the annual charity golf event started in
2. This is the first time in 14 years the annual charity golf event broke its fundraising record where funds will help to support frail elders at Hua Mei Centre for Successful Ageing (HMCSA), a Tsao Foundation initiative.
3. Dr Mary Ann Tsao, Chairperson of Tsao Foundation, said, “We are extremely thankful to have such strong support from our partners, contributors, and friends who came together passionately and generously for a common cause, putting together an event which raised the funds vital for older people in need. Our aspiration for older persons to live with joy and purpose continues as strongly today, 29 years after my grandmother Mrs Tsao Ng Yu Shun founded Tsao Foundation. Guided by innovation in our approach to make a difference in aged care, our teams are energised and affirmed to continue delivering services that are person-centred,supports caregivers, takes a family-approach, as well as developmental and creative where day care programming is concerned, and importantly, involves all community stakeholders.”
4. More than 200 IMC’s business associates and corporate customers across the shipping industry and financial sectors alongside Tsao Foundation’s regular contributors and supporters participated in the charitable cause to bring relief and
joy to underserved older persons. Golfers, contributors, and guests hailed from Indonesia, Thailand, United States and Singapore.
5. Mr Loh Niap Juan, Group Chief Corporate Officer, IMC Pan Asia Alliance, said: “After a long hiatus due to the pandemic, everyone was ready to shake off the post- covid pallor and join us in taking a swing at raising funds for elders at HMCSA. This is our 14th year of hosting our annual charity golf day and this time, we saw unprecedented and overwhelming support from the start. One of the guiding values of IMC’s well-being mandate is adding value to life and I’m thrilled to see this same
spirit of giving among our partners, associates, and friends. We are grateful for their generosity and support.”
6. Mr Say Kwee Neng, Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the IMC Charity Golf 2022, expressed gratitude for pulling off his first fundraising event since joining the Foundation a year ago. “We are humbled by the overwhelming support. It was
important to us that everyone has a good time while doing good. As my first charity golf event in the Foundation, I am grateful for the new connections made and will continue to strive for more meaningful partnerships with private and public enterprises to do more for ageing Singapore.”7. This year’s event achieved many firsts: Traditionally held at the Tanah Merah Country Club, golfers and supporters were hosted at Sentosa Golf Club’s Serapong course. For the first time, an electric car was brought in as the Hole-in-One prize. In addition to purchasing golf flights to support the cause, potential contributors could choose from different sponsorship packages, catering to non-golfers as well. To rev up the golfing experience, golfers received customised goodie bags and enjoyed novelty elements including playing with a mystery golfer. The Organising
Committee’s objective was to give golfers and contributors a memorable experience while showing their appreciation for their generosity and commitment. Additionally, the Committee is hopeful for a prospective grant of up to S$250,000 from the Tote
Board Enhanced Fund-Raising Programme to multiply the impact of the gifts.
About Hua Mei Centre for Successful Ageing, a Tsao Foundation initiative:
The Hua Mei Centre for Successful Ageing (HMCSA) is a one-stop, first-stop primary healthcare provider established since 1993. The Centre delivers team-managed medical, social, and psycho-emotional care to older persons living in the community. It also offers support and guidance to their caregivers. HMCSA encourages self-care and self-mastery to promote wellbeing, providing necessary information and training at the clients’ pace. Clients of HMCSA can consult at more than one clinic or programme at the same time, or transfer from one to another as their needs change over time. Over the care continuum, the
HMCSA team engages its clients in active health promotion and preventive healthcare through to disease management and end of life care.
For more information about the event: https://tsaofoundation.org/charity-golf-2022
For more information about Tsao Foundation: https://tsaofoundation.org/
IMC Pan Asia Alliance Group is a Singapore-headquartered investment holding company that is actively invested across a diverse portfolio of investments covering shipping, ports, resources, real estate, investment management and lifestyle industries across the globe. With a business heritage dating back to early 1900s involving shipping and transportation activities, IMC Pan Asia Alliance Group has evolved across the decades and it currently employs more than 9,000 people in 15 countries with major presence in China, Indonesia and Thailand.
For more information, please visit https://www.imcgroup.net/
Phone: (65) 9750 6292
Low Mei Yen
Senior Manager, Marketing
Shipping, IMC Industrial Group
Phone: (65) 98891320